Sunday, December 30, 2012

Choosing Fabric for a Quilt - LeMoyne Star

Mentioned earlier, I am attracted to LeMoyne Stars, probably because I had a great teacher
(Sally Palmer Fields) who taught me the trick of hand-piecing this pattern.  Sally passed away in the last few years and I wrote a letter to her relatives, thanking them for sharing her with me. 
I wish I had had a better understanding of color.  You cannot tell from the one color of purple I used, how much piecing went into this quilt.  Barbara Barber simply flipped the fabric over and had two tones of the same color.  I wish I had done that. 

I call this quilt; Purple Majesty.  I have put this away for a future grandchild (NO PRESSURE).


This utiilty quilt was made for my college-aged son, who loved to sleep with the window open.
I used Fat Batt and tied the quilt.  The quilt is very heavy.
The quilt fabric was repurposed from jeans/pants and was labor intensive getting all the fabric needed to make this extra long twin bed sized quilt.

I am getting better at understanding selecting color.
I believe the quilt is a real babe-magnet.


No comments:

Post a Comment